King County is excited to host the 34th Annual Developmental Disabilities and Delays Legislative Forum, which will be in person once again!
Doors open 6 pm Thursday, December 7th, 2023 at the Southcenter Hilton DoubleTree Suites on16500 Southcenter Pkwy, Seattle, WA 98188.
Join us to hear from individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and delays and their family members, learn about the 2024 legislative priorities, and connect with legislators.
- 6:00 – 7:00 PM: Doors open. Coffee, tea, & cookies available.
- 6:15 – 6:45 PM: Optional- informally connect with state legislators at tables organized by legislative district. Language supports available: use the registration form to request an interpreter.
- 7:00 – 8:30 PM: Legislative Forum, including opening remarks from Executive Constantine and personal stories from the I/DD and delays community. Language supports available: use the registration form to request an interpreter.
Please join us to hear community members share their personal stories of success and challenges as they relate to the 2024 I/DD and delays legislative priorities:
- Improve access to culturally rooted and linguistically accessible services by investing in interpretation, translation, cultural navigation, and other language and cultural supports.
- Fund the first month of services provided by Early Support for Infants and Toddlers (ESIT) agencies with Special Education funds.
- Increase Employment and Community Inclusion provider rates as recommended in the State Developmental Disabilities Administration’s October 1, 2022, Employment and Day Rate Study.
- Implement the recommendations in the State Developmental Disabilities Administration’s October 1, 2022, Housing Fund Priority Study Report; expand permanent revenue sources for affordable housing; and invest in the housing support services workforce.
- Invest in recruitment and retention strategies to develop a behavioral health workforce that is responsive to the needs of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD).
Your presence is important! Space is limited this year, so register today!
Additional information and multilingual event flyers are available on our website.
New this year: Family Room
We love having children and families at our forum! Your presence and your voice are what makes our forum such a meaningful event! We also know that the big ballroom space can be overwhelming for some people. If that is true for you or your loved ones, you are welcome to come to the Family Room to watch the forum.
- A smaller space to watch the forum.
- Toys and snacks are available.
- This is not childcare. Caregivers need to stay with their children.
- Move between the Family Room and the main room as you please!
- Use the registration form to request an interpreter for the family room.
Quiet Room also available
Need to step away from the activity? Take a few minutes to rest in the Quiet Room. The Quiet Room has dimmed lights, couches, and chairs. Noise will be kept to a minimum. You will not be able to see or hear the forum, but you can return to the fun when you are recharged!
Download and share translated information about the Family Room and the Quiet Room
- አማርኛ- Amharic
- العربية- Arabic
- 中文（简体)- Chinese (Simplified)
- 中文（繁體)- Chinese (Traditional)
- 한국어- Korean
- РУССКИЙ- Russian
- SOOMAALI- Somali
- ESPAÑOL- Spanish
- УКРАЇНСЬКА- Ukrainian
- TIẾNG VIỆT- Vietnamese