We are excited to share that the Best Starts for Kids School-Based Health Centers Enhancement Grants RFA request for applications (RFA) is now open! This funding opportunity closes on Monday, November 21 at 2PM, please submit your application by then.
Note: please create a log-in to view details and access the ZoomGrants webpage.
About this opportunity:
At Best Starts, we work toward a vision where young people to have access to high-quality, equitable and culturally relevant health care services so they grow up happy, healthy, safe and thriving. Our School-Based Health Centers (SBHC) strategy partners with the community to support students’ overall well-being, mental/behavioral health and educational success. Learn more about our SBHC strategy by reading our one-pager.
This RFA is seeking health care organizations or schools and community organizations applying as a co-applicant with a health care organization to:
- Advance health equity, social justice and anti-racism practices/policies and systems among school-based health center staff to improve health outcomes for Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC), LGBTQIA+, and other historically underserved students/communities.
- Expand SBHC efforts to increase access to mental/behavioral health and related supports, including substance use prevention and treatment and strengths-based, inclusive, community-based services.
- Embed and implement culturally-responsive health care and hiring practices in SBHCs to increase language access, referral for services, trauma-informed approaches, and person-centered health care.
This funding opportunity is open to health care organizations operating one or more existing SBHCs in King County or schools and community organizations applying as a co-applicant with one of these health care organizations.
To be eligible under this RFA:
- Lead or co-applicants must propose activities that will occur within an existing School-Based Health Center funded by King County.
- Applicant(s) must propose work that is in formal partnership between SBHC health care agency and a school and/or community-based partner that reflects the students being served.
- Applicant(s) must have the infrastructure and capacity to complete all required grant activities as described in the RFA.
We have budgeted up to $1,272,947 for this project over a period of three years. The expected number of awardees is up to three with funding amounts of $150,000 – $250,000 per year, per awardee.
The funding available for Best Starts Enhancement across all awarded school years is:
- $414,185: February 1, 2023 – August 31, 2023
- $424,286: September 1, 2023 – August 31, 2024
- $434,476: September 1, 2024 – August 31, 2025
Attend our information session:
We strongly encourage anyone interested in applying to attend our information session to learn more:
- Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 10 -11 am, Pacific Time
Learn more about this funding opportunity and access meeting details for the information session within the full RFA document here.
Note: you will need to create a log-in to access the information session meeting link within the ZoomGrants webpage.
|RFA Issued||October 11, 2022|
|Information Session||October 19, 2022, 10:00 am – 11:00 am|
|Final day to Submit Questions via ZoomGrants||November 10, 2022 by 4:00 pm |
|Final Day to Initiate Request for Technical Assistance||November 14, 2022 |
|RFA Application Due||November 21, 2022 by 2:00 pm|
|Applications Reviewed||November 2022|
|Notification of Selected and Non-Selected Applicants||December 2022|
|Contract Anticipated Start Date||February 2023|
Do you have any questions?
If you have any questions about this funding opportunity, you can submit a question before Thursday, November 10, 2022 by 4:00 pm through the Contact Admin tab in ZoomGrants. The response to all questions received will be posted as an RFA amendment on ZoomGrants.
If potential proposers experience technical difficulties with ZoomGrants leading up to the due date, please email your proposal to the RFA lead, Phillip Thompson, at email@example.com to avoid a late submission.
Would you like support? Access Best Starts technical assistance!
Free application support is available for organizations interested in applying for this Best Starts funding opportunity! Best Starts partnered consultants can support by: helping to determine appropriate fit between your work and this funding opportunity, providing guidance on how best to answer application questions, supporting your application development (including editing and reviewing), and supporting you in explaining your qualifications in the most clear and concise way.
If you are interested in partnering with a technical assistance consultant, learn more here.
This calendar shares upcoming funding opportunities staggered throughout the year. Subscribe to our blog and newsletter to the right of the calendar to receive notices whenever we post a new funding opportunity.
If you were unable to make it to the info session for an open funding opportunity, check out the recordings and slideshows here.
3. Keep an eye out for our next open house!
Keep an eye out for our next Best Starts virtual open house! Recordings from the latest fall open house on September 28, 2022 will be available soon. Watch recordings from our summer, spring and winter 2022 open houses.