Help us make sure all voices are represented in the Best Starts for Kids Health Survey! Best Starts for Kids is now in its eighth year and the needs and priorities within our communities continue to change. The Best Starts for Kids Health Survey questions are designed to help Best Starts for Kids better understand those changes. Parenting is hard work, and it is our hope that learning about your experiences as a parent/caregiver, child’s health, family strengths, and community supports will help Best Starts for Kids build on strengths and meet needs for families across King County.
Read more on the Best Starts Blog about “7 things families should know about the Best Starts for Kids Health Survey.”
Complete the survey here or scan the QR code below to access the survey. It will take about 10-15 minutes to complete.
Pass it on! We would appreciate you sharing the survey web link with parents and caregivers with children elementary age or younger. The survey is open until early Fall and is available in Chinese, English, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
We value all voices in this survey, and we need your help to increase survey participation from members of these communities:
- Families with children who identify as Native, Black/African American, or Pasifika.
- Families who are experiencing poverty, housing instability, or interactions with the child welfare system.
- Families with children with special needs.
- Families who live in rural areas.
- Parents or caregivers who identify as LBGTQIA+, Two-Spirit, or are younger than age 25.
Your survey answers provide important information about how our youngest children and their families are doing. Over time, the survey helps us track whether our efforts are making a difference in the health of King County children.
Findings will continue to be shared several ways:
- On the Best Starts for Kids Health Survey website and interactive indicators page
- Through the Best Starts Blog
- In-person opportunities through Best Starts for Kids-related events
- You can always contact BSK.Data@kingcounty.gov for updates!
On behalf of all Best Starts for Kids staff and supporters, thank you for your participation and dedication to children and families!