We are so pleased to announce the breakout sessions you can attend throughout the week of the Summit. This year we are digging into a broad range of presentations that highlight opportunities for our systems to grow and reach new heights to build a more equitable King County for all.
Stay tuned for updates as we roll out the calendar for the week of the Summit, which will include even more fun opportunities to tune in and get involved. Whova will be opened up next week so you can sign up for individual sessions!
Best Starts for Kids Summit 2023: Growing Roots. Reaching New Heights Breakout Sessions:
- Our Future Our Community-Youth Action Plan presented by Dr. Tia Yarbrough
- Operationalize Equity with Language Access presented by Amanda Kay and Claudia Dow
- Build Data Roots to Reach New Heights in Your Work: Rethinking the Intake Process presented by Meredith Williams
- Flipping the Script in Safe Sleep Education presented by Whitney Taylor
- Washington Home Visiting Core Competencies—Exploring new team discussion guides presented by Cassie Morley
- Thriving Together: Collective Action for Youth Development and Health Equity presented by Cha Cha Sawyer and Monika Sharma
- How Partnerships and Equity Inform Early Childhood Programing and Pediatric Care Integration presented by Jahmela Jenkins, Meg McNulty, Farhiyo Ahmed, Feven Gebrekistos, Abigail Grant, Maria Gutierrez and Christina Pease
- Beyond the Deficit Model: Introducing Best Starts’ New Culturally Responsive Measurement Tool presented by Em Carr
- What’s in Your Wellness Toybox? presented by Almetta Pitts
- Measuring Protective Factors with the Best Starts for Kids Health Survey presented by Sarah Lauffer, Sara Jaye Sanford and Lizette Carrosco
- Early Learning and Family Support Resource Harvest presented by Debbie Peterson and Juliette Escobar