Join Best Starts for Kids’ 2019 cohort of Ages & Stages Questionnaires® (ASQ) trainers! In Best Starts’ ASQ Trainer program, participants engage in a combination of didactic and hands-on learning over the course of 6 months.
- Their training certificate through Brookes Publishing, which allows them to train their organization and others in their professional circle
- An interdisciplinary professional network of fellow trainers – childcare, home visiting, clinicians, etc.
- A rich set of ASQ-related tools, activities, and resources to leverage when delivering their own trainings
- Strategies for adapting training content for a particular professional or cultural group.
To apply, complete this survey by December 21st. You are encouraged to also send a résumé to ScreeningKingCounty@gmail.com. The cohort is capped at 25 participants. This application process aims to select a range of languages, disciplines, and geographic service areas within King County.
Check out what last year’s participants have to say:
Even though I’ve done screening for years I learned so much more that I’m excited to bring back to my colleagues.
I appreciate that we acknowledged the role of racial inequality in the community we work in and discussed ways to make screening culturally relevant.
The trainer was great and the group was so much fun. It was wonderful to network and make so many new connections and friends.
Training Program Elements
- Attend a 3-day intensive training on ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE-2, from a Brookes Publishing master trainer. You must attend all 3-days (held January 23-25, 2019 in South King County)
- Deliver 2 single-day trainings in 2019, with a co-trainer from the cohort. Together you will select training dates.
- Meet with your co-trainer prior to your trainings, to adapt the training materials provided at the seminar to suit you and your target audience.
To apply to join Best Starts for Kids’ cohort of ASQ trainers, complete this survey.
Interested in becoming a trainer, but cannot commit to delivering community trainings for Best Starts for Kids? The publisher hosts train-the-trainer institutes around the country. Learn more.