Communities of Opportunity (COO) is now accepting proposals from community-engaged or community-led efforts to transform systems and policies so that all people thrive and prosper.
The Seattle Foundation, as a partner of COO, is now accepting proposals for one-time grants to improve systems and policies tied to four results areas:
- stronger community connections,
- economic opportunity,
- better health, and
- safe, affordable housing
Applications are due to the Seattle Foundation by Thursday, November 9, 2017 5:00 pm.
Applicants are able to apply for support in one of two categories:
- Project level funding ($40K-$100K) to support community-led efforts to shape specific systems and policies.
- Capacity level funding (up to $25K) to build experience in systems and policy change work and engage with more experienced grantees.
Two or more organizations can form a partnership to apply for up to $200K.
Each grantee will be provided an additional $15K in general operating support to participate in Policy Agenda Cohorts.
The most competitive applicants will be:
- Focused on communities experiencing significant social, racial and/or economic inequities.
- Led and informed by the community/ies it serves.
- Focused on specific policy or systems changes to increase equity in the COO results areas (housing, health, economic opportunity and community connections)
Interested in learning more? Please consider attending one of the optional information sessions including an online webinar opportunity. Details on the webinar will be posted on the COO website and announced here on the Best Starts for Kids blog.
- Friday, October 13th from 12:30-2:00 pm
Kent Public Health Center
25742 104th Ave SE, Kent WA 98030 (at Kent Hill Plaza Shopping Center)
- Monday, October 16th from 5:30-7:00 pm
14380 Tukwila International Blvd, Tukwila, WA 98168
- Wednesday, October 18th from 12:30 -2:00 pm
Shoreline Conference Center
18560 1st Ave NE, Shoreline, WA 98155
- *NEW* Webinar Thursday, October 19 from 2 – 3:00 pm
Click here to join the webinar online.
Dial in option (audio only): 206-263-8114, conference ID: 859584
Webinar will be recorded and posted to this blog for those who cannot attend.
Originally posted October 11, 2017. Updated October 16, 2017.
Empowering Youth and Families Outreach is interested in applying for the BSK grant for school age students.
Please send us the power point as well as details for applying for the grant.
We plan on recording one of the upcoming information sessions. We will post the recording and the accompanying powerpoint to the blog by mid to late next week. Stay tuned to the blog for more info and subscribe if you haven’t already. Thank you!