We are excited to share that through a partnership between Best Starts and WestEd the Cultivating Prenatal to 5 Community-Based Facilitators request for applications (RFA) is now open! Applications are due on June 29, 2023 at 5:00 pm.
About this opportunity:
Best Starts’ Workforce Development strategy is collaborating with WestEd to support prenatal to 5 community members who seek to share wisdom, learning, and practice in their communities and beyond, and want to further cultivate their workshop facilitation skills.
This will be a 6-month program from July 2023 to April 2024. It is designed as a combination of large and small group trainings, individual mentorship sessions, and culminating with a celebration.
View the flyers below to learn more.
- Anyone who has a passion for sharing knowledge within their community, facilitating training or interested in sharing wisdom and practice. We are prioritizing members of communities that have experienced significant service gaps or have not been well reached.
- Anyone with an interest in co-developing workshops/presentations in topic areas related to healthy childhood development, equity, and infant and early childhood mental health.
- Those who share and can demonstrate their understanding of Best Starts for Kids’ principles and values.
- Knowledge sharers who may be in different places in their professional development & career trajectory.
- People who speak different languages/dialects – those who are able to train in more than one language are highly encouraged to apply.
We strongly encourage anyone interested in applying to attend the information session to learn more:
- June 20, 2023, 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm, Pacific Time
To sign-up for the information session and receive the Zoom link, please email support-BSK@wested.org.
|RFA Issued||May 15, 2023|
|Information Session||June 20, 2023, 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm|
|Last day to Submit Questions||June 23, 2023|
|Applications Due||June 29, 2023 at 5:00 pm|
|Acceptance Letters||Early July 2023|
|Orientation||Late July 2023|
Do you have any questions?
Written questions or comments regarding this RFA must be in writing and received no later than June 23, 2023. Questions should be emailed to Diana de la Lanza at email@example.com. All questions will be responded to via email.
This calendar shares upcoming funding opportunities staggered throughout the year. Subscribe to our blog and newsletter to the right of the calendar to receive notices whenever we post a new funding opportunity.
If you were unable to make it to the info session for an open funding opportunity, check out the recordings and slideshows here.
3. Keep an eye out for our next open house!
Keep an eye out for our next Best Starts virtual open house! View the recordings from the latest open house on March 1, 2023.