Communities of Opportunity (COO) is recruiting for an Interim Director (PPM IV)!
Public Health – Seattle & King County (PHSKC), in partnership with Seattle Foundation, seeks a Project/Program Manager IV – Communities of Opportunity Interim Director for Communities of Opportunity (COO), a public-private-community initiative aimed at improving conditions in health, housing, economic opportunity and community connections through community-led solutions and equity-based strategies. The Interim Director (Project/Program Manager IV) will lead a diverse team made up of government and foundation staff dedicated to the successful implementation of the initiative to meet its goal of creating social, economic, health and racial equity for all people in King County. The Interim Director is responsible for day-to-day management of all aspects of the COO Initiative, including supervision and support of the King County COO staff, budgeting and financial oversight for program-related expenditures, strategy implementation of funding/investment processes, and serving as the central point of contact for Seattle Foundation and Best Starts for Kids resources dedicated to the COO Initiative, consistent with Best Starts for Kids Implementation Plan, 2022-2027.
As a King County employee, the Interim Director reports to the Chief of Assessment, Policy Development & Evaluation/Director for Chronic Disease & Injury Prevention units in PHSKC. The Interim Director is accountable to King County and to Seattle Foundation for implementation of the COO Initiative.
The Interim Director position will be filled as a TLT or Special Duty position for up to nine months.
The Interim Director ensures COO is addressing equity and promoting anti-racist practices and policies according to the COO guiding principles, values, and established plans. The priorities for the Interim Director are:
- Leadership and coordination of the on-boarding, team building, and goal setting activities for the new COO Governance Group. The Interim Director will work with consultant(s) to create and hold meeting space that builds trust among members, creates collaborative leadership and actively shares power for consensus-based decision making. The Interim Director will work with the consultant(s) and Governance Group members to establishing culture and norms for the Governance Group operations, roles and relationships with COO staff. The Interim Director will also support the Governance Group as they make decisions for future contracts and grants awarded through 2022 funding processes.
- Supervising PHSKC Project/Program Management staff and supporting Seattle Foundation staff responsible for the planning, design, and alignment of two Request for Proposal funding processes for release in August 2022: Place-Based & Cultural Community Partnerships; and Systems & Policy Change.
- Facilitating communication and providing updates to COO Sponsors, Seattle Foundation and King County in bi-weekly meetings.
- Supporting COO sponsors, King County PHSKC, and Seattle Foundation on leadership transition planning with Governance Group and Staff, as appropriate.
This vacancy will remain open until filled with the first review of applications to take place on June 28, 2022.
Communities of Opportunity (COO) mission is to create greater health, social, economic, and racial equity in King County so that all people thrive and prosper, regardless of race or place. COO supports communities’ power to influence the decisions that affect them. COO aims to create spaces for community to build and strengthen infrastructure and power, through peer learning, relationship & capacity building, supporting collaboration, and building connections and networks. COO believes the most meaningful, just, and sustainable solutions are generated in partnership with communities, who know what they need to be healthy and thrive. Racial equity and partnership are both central to each of COO’s three reinforcing strategies/investment areas:
- Place-based and cultural community partnerships that drive change locally.
- Policies and systems changes that create and sustain equity at all levels.
- A Learning Community that leverages the power of collective knowledge to accelerate change.
Learn more about Communities of Opportunity here: www.coopartnerships.org